Monday, May 27, 2013

Baccalaureate & Graduation

Years of work: 17, Elementary schools: 3, Middle schools: 2, High schools: 2, Seeing Buddy walk across the stage and receive his diploma: Priceless! 

Once again, I squalled through the Baccalaureate service. They have a power point type presentation that shows each of the graduates growing up...it gets me every time! I started sniffling even before Buddy's pictures came up. Number of Kleenex: too many to count!!

I'm just so proud of him! It has been a struggle for him every step of the way. I do mean from day one: the first day of Pre-k, when they put him in the restraining chair. He broke it!!

Even Sunday school was tough. Miss Myra came and said, I'd sure like for him to come to group time. So we started out sitting in chairs in the hallway the first week. I didn't give up until he was sitting on the mat and listening with the rest of the class.

When it comes to stubbornness, he met his match! Hate it for you. Hate that you don't like it. Too bad for you. Suck it up, Buttercup. 'Cause Mom says so!! Buddy never wanted to hear : should we call Mom?

And finally the struggle is worth it. He has come so far. And overcome so much.

I can't thank everyone enough...the teachers, aides, administrators and especially the prayer warriors! It truly took a village to get Buddy through school! Bless you!!

No comments: