Monday, January 19, 2009

Much Ado about Nothing

Well, I have not blogged in awhile...and someone actually noticed! (thanks Mrs. Goofy). I don't blog when I am feeling fussy nor when I don't feel I have anything to say. I guess I have the winter doldrums. I am so ready for spring. But basically not much has been going on.

1. Tdawg is finishing up his basketball season. I am proud to announce that I have not been kicked out of the Rec Gym. Although I, along with two Butler bad girls, were warned when we boo-ed the refs week before last. Hey, the refs decided to "let the boys play" and not call any fouls at all! It was brutal and kids were getting hurt. Fortunately, that was not the case on Saturday. Saturday's tournament game had good refs and the game was called fairly! Two boys (on the other team) were ejected. One for kicking Tdawg's buddy in the face! No kidding! Can't tell me that rec basketball is not a full contact, extremely competitive sport! They play again tomorrow night.

2. Buddy is starting his basketball season. It is through Miracle League and is a lot of fun!! Those kids get so excited!! I'll try to remember my camera next time.

3. Being MLK day, I had the day off and we road tripped. Through Topps (the sports trading card company), certain store locations give out free card packs for excellent report cards. Of course, the closest participating store is 80 miles away. So being the pushover that I am...we went to Gadsden. Tdawg got his special pack...three cards to be exact! Oh well, I was thrilled to see A's on Tdawg's high school report card. We had a good time and who knows how long the boys will want to spend the day with dear old Mom! We ate at Jefferson's...their slogan is "Peace, Love and Hot Wings". I really wanted one of their tye-dye shirts...but they don't sell them. Boo! They also have an odd way of decorating. People write their names, businesses and artwork and whatever else on dollar bills and pin them to the walls and ceiling!! Quite odd. Must be hundreds of brightly colored ones!

4. Every Wal-Mart is blue, right? But not the Hampton Cove Wally World...it is the only green one I have ever seen. Rumor has it that the residence thought that the blue was offensive and made them paint it green. (oddly a blue Lowes is right across the street) This Wally World was really nice, clean and carried items that I have never seen at the other four Wally Worlds in town! Sadly, the workers were as unfriendly and unhelpful as ever! What ever happened to Customer Service??

No comments: