Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Slow me down


Sometimes it does seem that the world just keeps spinning faster. What a rat race I am living in these days. So much noise, so much rushing around, so many deadlines to meet, so many demands on my time, so many things I want to do, so many things I just don't ever seem to find the time (or energy) to do. What a busy world I have. I just need to: slow me down!
• Ease the pounding of my heart by the quieting my mind.
• Give me peace amid the confusion of my day.
• Break the tension of my nerves and muscles with the soothing music.
• Help me to know the magical restorative powers of sleep.
• Give me the art of taking a minute vacation, slowing down to look at a flower, to chat with a friend, to pat a dog, to read a few lines of a good book.
• Remind me each day of the fable of the hare and the tortoise, that the race is not always to the swift, that there is more to life than increasing its speed.
• Let me look upward into the towering oak and know that it grew slowly and well.
And live one slow moment at a time.

No comments: