Saturday, November 14, 2009

S.O. Unified Bowling State Tourney

Friday was the Special Olympic Unified Bowling State Tournament. We had to get on the bus early early (!) 5:45a. Ugh. That is really early for me. I know it does not seem that early. However, when I have to get up early, I end up waking up several times during the night thinking that I have overslept. I woke up and could not get back to sleep at 3:30a!! But I since I despise driving in Bham, it was well worth it to let someone else drive. It also allowed me to knit all the way. It is so hard to knit and drive...no I haven't tried it...I was just kidding. We got home at 5p so it was a long long day.

The unified tournament team is made up of two pairs of participants. The pairs have one special and one abled bowler and the participants are usually related some way. There were 60 plus teams from all over the state bowling on Friday. Buddy and I have been bowling with L and his son, C every Sunday for a couple of months. We have a lot of fun and never take it too seriously. C has had a tough year, he was out several weeks with the flu. I was just glad that he felt well enough to participate.

C and Buddy bowled their average. L and I bowled better than our average. I was hoping for a spectacular game. It didn't happen. But we bowled well enough to win our division! Buddy and C were so happy to get their gold medal! The win could make us eligible to go to Nationals in Reno.

Me and Buddy


Buddy at Oak Mountain Park Bowling Lanes


The C&R Express: C, Me, L and Buddy


L, C, Buddy and me

No comments: