Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Clean up Aisle 5!

In step aerobics class, I nearly fall off the step (or try to tip it over) once per class. The instructor doesn't even turn around. When she hears it, she says: "L are you ok?" Somehow (!) she knows it is me. After class, I was explaining what a klutz I am. Both T and C said: "Oh no! You re not klutzy!" Mmm-un-huh. Ok.

I left class and went to Wally World. I wanted to pick up a few items. I found some colored duct tape (it comes in patterns: leopard and zebra print!) and some spray paint. I was trying to get a can. I ended up bumping another can off the shelf and it fell on the floor. The cap broke and it started spraying everywhere! (oh no, I'm not klutzy #sarcasm!). The nozzle stuck and would not quit spraying. I set everything in my hands down. In total frustration, I picked up the can and whacked it against the floor. Finally it quit spraying. One problem solved.

So, I set the mangled can on the paint table. I was going to get another can when the sales associate came up behind me to ask if I needed help. He startled me. And yes! I knock another can to the floor (#waytogome). The cap broke but fortunately, it did not spray. I was nearly in tears.

The poor sales associate (all of maybe 18 years old) was so sweet. He obviously has not had much training in dealing with weepy women in the hardware section. He said it happens about once a week (I swear it isn't always me). The mess would be cleaned up and not to worry. At least he didn't get on the loud speaker: "Clean up needed on Aisle 5. She's on the move. Clean up on Aisle 4. Clean up wherever this woman goes!"

No comments: