Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013

Wow...can 2013 already be fading into the rearview mirror?  What a crazy year!!  Lots of changes: fixing up, moving, building, moving again and finally settling in.
  
It truly was the year of small.  I was going to say downsize...but downsize has a negative connotation. It is not bad or really that much of a sacrifice. It started with my closet.  Trying to do more with less.  I still don't have just the 30 essential pieces.  But as the year has gone by, I have let more go.  If I didn't wear it...for whatever reason...it was gone.  Because when you look at your closet, you don't see the 20% you wear.  You see everything.  Oh, I might wear that sometime.  If  I put it on and then took it right back off again...it went into the pile.  So now I have a lot of tank tops for summer and tank tops with light sweaters for winter.  Throw in some scarves and accessories and that is my wardrobe.

Then I started to let go of home items.  I now struggle to remember what I gave up.  Must not have been too important if I can't remember it. :)

And I have finished some projects!  Learned to knit.  Knitted several Christmas projects. I still would like to do a patchwork knitted blanket.  I thought I could knit the squares with left over yarn throughout the year and have a finished product by years end.

I have another new project.  I want to make a tshirt quilt for each of the boys.  I asked for and received a sewing machine for Christmas.  Before we moved, I had Buddy's tshirts from his Special Olympic competitions cut and ready to go.  I got the sewing machine...and now I can't find the tshirts!  I sure hope I still have them.  One of my pet peeves is not being able to find something  I need.  Even Tdawg says that things aren't really lost unless Mom can't find them.  I'm sure they will turn up...someplace strange.  "Tucked away for safe keeping" as my mother would say.  That must have meant she didn't know where it was either!

Well, they could be anywhere.  I found some Christmas decorations in the cabinet above the refridgerator today.  Oops.  So not all who wander are lost. In the meantime, I started on Tdawg's quilt. 

Even though we just moved in, it may be time to spring clean.  No telling what else I tucked away.  You know the old saying: if you can't get to it, you won't use it...may need a fresh start for 2014.

No comments: