Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Red Rooster

I feel so special.! I was given the opportunity to go to Red Rooster twice in one year!  What is so great about RR?  Well, it is on Smith Lake, so it is way off the beaten path, serene and beautiful (inspirational) scenery.  And all you have to do is relax and wait for the dinner bell.  Yes, they actually ring a bell for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  And my goodness, that sweet little lady (Jennifer) can cook!!  And no dishes.  And no laundry.  And no interruptions.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Several months ago a lady I had not talked to in years, saw my spring RR pictures and invited me to their get together.  Her daughter and Tdawg went to preschool together...gosh, can it be 15 years ago!??  Anyway, her group had space available.  So there were 9 who scrapbooked, 2 who read books (and napped), 1 quilted, and I painted.

Although it did not start out relaxing.  I had to kill a ginormous spider that morning at the house, and had to crawl (less than 20 mph) down the interstate for ten miles with lots of eighteen wheelers.  That just about made me nuts.  You know how it is when a lane closes,  some behave and take turns.  Others have to be first and cause accidents!  Two of the trucks got together and wouldn't let anyone butt ahead.  Good for them! 

So I got to Cullman.  And well, tradition mandated :) that I stop at my fav consignment shop.  My fortune changed because they were having a sale!  Yea me!!  I got a skirt, necklace and well, I call them lauriepalooza pants.  They are stretchy and fun prints.  I wouldn't wear them in public...but they are awesome lounge wear! Don't worry, I won't post any modeling pictures. LOL!  Anyway, I was going to get a pair in spring and so regretted that I didn't.

Then onto RR.


I arrived just in time for lunch. Yea me!!  And what a lunch: BLT salad, and Pimento cheese.  Their pimento cheese was great.  I didn't even know I liked pimento cheese!  I say that a lot about Jennifer's cooking.  During the spring stay it was St. Patrick's day so they Reuben sandwiches.  I thought I didn't like them.  But hers were so good!  Sorry no food pics.  I was too hungry :D

Now that I'm fortified (fat and happy)...on to painting...And a nuclear meltdown.  In all of my packing, repacking and list making.  I forgot my brushes! Waahhhhh.  I really didn't feel up to driving back to town.  I'm sure it isn't that far, but when you already don't know where you are going...  So I dug through my bag.  And found a small pallet knife and made lemonade out of my lemons.
It was a challenge but it worked out pretty well. 


.
I told Cletus what happened and sent him these pictures.  He told me to throw out the brushes, that these were my best acrylics yet.  He knows just what to say :)  He truly is a keeper!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I love all your paintings, and that you made do with what you had and made it work and work well!