Wednesday, July 2, 2014

RR Too




A friend of mine has the coolest artwork in her living room.  It is four very large canvases: one big tree divided up in the four seasons with a bible verse to go with each one.  Using that as inspiration, I wanted to paint the same tree in the four seasons and then I'll attach the canvases together to hang as one piece. The verse is done in a Sharpie.  I need to go over them with a paint pen so they can be seen.  And painting the trees with a pallet knife was challenging.  It was difficult for me just to paint the same tree four times. So, I consider them a work in progress.  Only the winter tree is considered a finished work (except the verse).
 
I realized this weekend that I never duplicate my art.  I just can't mass produce.  Someone asked: can you do that again but in a different color pallet.  Hmm.  No, I really don't like to do that.
 
I got so much done this weekend.  I even slept a good eight hours per night. Some of those crazy ladies stayed up until 4a!! I enjoyed the pool and even got a massage.  I needed the massage.  She said I was the worst one.  I get knots between my shoulder blades.  She had to really work!  But I feel oh so much better!!   
 
Saturday breakfast was a fresh blueberry French toast bake.  Lunch was chicken salad and shrimp salad.  And dinner was grilled hamburgers with all the fixings.  Perfect summertime menu!!
 
Well that puts a lid on June and now I'm ready for July...


No comments: