Monday, January 5, 2015

Change of Season and more

Well, if the summer went fast...the fall went faster.  There was a change of season and a whole lot more.

Most of it started with a call from Dee.  I used to work with her.  She wondered if I was interested in going back to work.  Well, no...but just because of Buddy.  There are no adult daycare options.  And I would have to make quite a bit to make daycare worthwhile.  If you think baby daycare is expensive, try pricing adult daycare. 

But Dee's boss, the VP of Operations, insisted on talking to me.  He offered me a job, making more than when I left the last place, with flexible hours (I could work from home some) and a place for Buddy.  Well, that's an offer I couldn't refuse.  I, however, was quite fearful.  I hate to start something and have to bail out.  But Buddy has done wonderfully well.  He actually enjoys going to work!   He works puzzles and snacks.  Then we go to lunch.  He thinks it is grand. 

Work itself has its challenges.  The payroll tax in multiple states is seriously hosed up.  I have been working at least 20 hours a week just to get it all fixed and running well.  I have had to write up procedures as I go along.  So far I have not worked from home.  I have needed the personal interaction to determine what is wrong with payroll and the best way to fix it.  Eventually, I think my hours will diminish.  Although it may turn into a case of the more you can do, the more they give you to do.  The lone accountant would love to have me there on a full-time basis.

Before heading back to work.  We did go on the scarecrow trail.  This was my favorite...

And to Lyons Farm, where Buddy petted a chicken...

 And fall baseball...

2014 was an interesting year.  I'm kind of glad to see it disappearing into the rearview mirror.  Ready to move along...

No comments: