Monday, January 5, 2015

Thoughts about 2014 (and 2015)

I don't make New Year's Resolutions.  I find them boring and tedious.  They would look a lot like the beginning of Bridget Jones' Diary.  New Year.  Day one: pounds lost = none.  Resolutions kept = none. (by the way what in the world happened to Renee Zellweger? she used to be so cute)

So I will reflect upon my bucket list and such.  Traveling: went to Snowbird...twice! and to the beach!  Hope to do more traveling this year: I'd love to go see Mickey Mouse!  Although maybe I shouldn't do the driving.  So far I have managed to get lost in the "large" metropolitan areas of: Scottsboro, Ardmore, Athens, Fayetteville, and this year add Fort Payne to the list and well... Huntsville.

I must tell the Huntsville story (yes I've lived in the Huntsville area since 1988).  I was looking for a restaurant/bar called "Under the Radar".  I trusted Garmin to guide me downtown through the one way streets.  Oh no.  I ended up literally in the secured area under the gianormous satellite radar dishes at the local CBS television station.  That's me.  Probably couldn't beat my way out of a wet paper bag! Ugh!!  Must work on my sense of direction.  (probably a good thing that I don't hike much).

And I stepped out of my comfort zone a few times.  I rode the wheel of death at the county fair.  And petted a llama.  Thankfully the llama did not spit on me!  I'm not much of a country girl.  Up until a few years ago, I thought that all chickens were white.  And what do you know...so did my sister. :D

This year I hope to step further out of the box and go skydiving.  My partner in crime, Buddy's Sunday school teacher was going to go with me.  But her husband said absolutely not.  I think he is worried about raising three rambunctious boys (ages 4, 6, & 8) on his own.  But I'm sure Tdawg would love to go with me for his 21st birthday.  Now if I can just get Cletus on board with the plan.

And as for the rest of the year.  I'm counting it all jay.  I'm sure it will be a surprise...





1 comment:

Just My Life said...

Sky diving. Yikees. Brave girl!