Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Four Weeks

Well, today is officially four weeks since surgery! I am officially out of the sling. Ok, to tell the truth I ditched it awhile ago (I never was good at following directions). Therapy is progressing. I am asked a lot about pain. It doesn't really hurt; it is just really sore (internal bruising) and stiff. Every so often I get that pain like when you bang your "funny" bone. But thankfully it does not last. Still two weeks more therapy before I go back to Dr. G. I am expecting great things to happen between now and then.

The first major accomplishment would be a sound night's sleep. If I'm not awake from being uncomfortable, then I am having WILD dreams. The dream the other night I was going up in an elevator with about 5 other people. It continually increased speed until we shot out of the roof (Willy Wonka style). We landed on the other side of the courtyard on the grass. I remember thinking, I am going to have to have the shoulder surgery all over again. And I woke up and could not get back to sleep!

Well, one of these days (soon) it will all be a distant memory.

No comments: