Saturday, January 21, 2012

Used to be I would hop in the car and drive anywhere. It didn't matter that it was 200 or more miles away. Now, I think I'd rather stay in my jammies and have a movie day. Does that mean I'm getting old??

Well, even though I think I've lost my sense of adventure, Tdawg and I drove to Boiling Springs, North Carolina to visit Gardner Webb University. We drove through Chattanooga, TN to Knoxville, TN to Ashville, NC and over the mountains into Boiling Springs, NC. It was a pretty good drive...but really long. We left at 8a central and got there about 4p eastern, with a lunch stop in Knoxville. The weather was not the greatest: about 20 degrees and snow. Some of the driving was a tad nerve wracking.

I was so glad we got there before dark! We looked around the small town and drove around the campus. We checked into the hotel and had dinner. Georgio's had awesome authentic Italian food. Mama Mia!! I was so full and I ended up giving half of my Tour of Tuscany (lasagna, fettuccine and ravioli) to Tdawg.

Saturday morning, we toured the campus. And the football facilities. All I can say is WOW! The weight room was bigger than my house. The locker room was bigger than Cosmos gym and the high school field house combined. It is a private college and division one. They have money and do not mind spending it. Even the training room is nice: with 12 tables!   They provide all sorts of workout/practice/game clothes and equipment...and they wash them too!  Bless them!!

We finished our tour with a private meeting with the head coach.  He was very gracious and genuine.  I would so like for Tdawg to play there.  It is really far away (sniff) but he would get such a good education.  It would be a great stepping stone to medical school, or whatever he chooses to do.  This really is tough!

Sunday morning, we drove (I drove, Tdawg snored) back through Gaffney, SC to Spartanburg, SC to Atlanta, GA to see my sister and her husband. We had a lovely lunch at Copeland's. Yummy!! It was just the break I needed. Yes, it was Sunday...but driving in Atlanta's 8 lanes of traffic make me SO nervous. And then north to Alabama. All in all, 890 miles. Maybe my sense of adventure isn't gone after all.

Tdawg was so nervous that he didn't sleep much Friday night or Saturday night.  So, by Tuesday he had bronchitis.  And with him coughing like a maniac, I didn't sleep either.  I'm so tired...and still have much to do.  Next weekend, we go to eastern Tennessee and the following to Indiana and the next to Memphis.  I get tired just thinking about it!!
o

No comments: