Sunday, February 12, 2012

Go South, Young Man

I just cannot seem to get this quote from Horace Greeley right.  Tdawg and I visited Birmingham Southern College.  It was not a sprint, but a marathon day: from 9a to 3p. Two hours of touring and three hours of academics, admission, financial aid and highlight films.  Unfortunately, it was freezing cold with a brutal north wind.  But we had a good day.  As with the other colleges, Tdawg has already been accepted and received a merit scholarship for partial tuition.  Now he has the unenviable task of deciding where to go.  I know he wishes I would just tell him where to go.  I just can't.  I like Hanover (Indiana) and Gardner-Webb (NCarolina) and Bham Southern.  They each have their positives...and potential negatives.  But more than anything...he needs to decide where he would feel most comfortable...where he could plug in and thrive.

No comments: