Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Networking and Such

I have been gainfully unemployed since November, without much luck.  So I decided to branch out and try the networking groups.  One was last Thursday and one was today.  I must say that both were exceedingly depressing.  I am the youngest one in there (by far).  Don't believe me?  One of the guys was 82 years old!!  And the majority have been unemployed for two years.  Yikes!  I think it has turned into more of a social club.

Job hunting these days is odd.  Yes, there are a lot of jobs posted.  So you apply.  Hopefully you get an interview.  And then....nothing.  Or they just collect resumes and interview no one. It is not that they have filled the position...this goes on for months.  They just don't make a decision.  It could be they are waiting on a contract.  Or maybe the decision is to let some poor schmuck (who is already working there) take on the second job responsibilities with no more pay.  It is aggravating to say the least.  And dealing with the various corporate websites is not much fun either.

But I keep plugging away.  Looking forward to spring, when I can at least be productive outside!  I think I'm seriously lacking in vitamin D (and in need of warm sunshine).

On a happy note, Cletus is out of the cast and is transitioning out of the boot and into a shoe.  If he behaves himself, we won't have to see Dr. M anymore!  Yippeee!  I survived the six weeks!!

No comments: