Sunday, February 5, 2012

On the road again...

Still recovering from Indiana.  I went to the doc and got shots and scripts and a breathing treatment.  Hubby is out of the cast and in a knee high (non walking) boot for another two weeks.  So, he decided that he was well enough to travel with us this time.  He drove the four of us to Memphis to visit Rhodes College.

Before I start...well, I have a bone to pick.  I dislike when people tell me: "you are going to LOVE (blank)".  It seems to set up the expectation and then it is doomed to fail.  If you build up a movie, place, book, whatever...then I'm left wondering: why in the world did they think that I would LOVE this??  Hardly ever do I agree with the hype.

Oh yeah, the hawk (Mohawk) is back...



And this happened with Rhodes.  Tdawg's friend had visited earlier and his mom told me that I would LOVE Rhodes..  The college seemed nice enough. I was left wondering if I would have liked it more, if Heather had not built it up in my head.

With the rainy weather and the architecture, it had a France feel for me.  I love the Gothic architecture.  I could have spent all day just taking photos. But after a visit with the coaching staff and a campus tour, we were cut loose.  Tdawg spent the night with players.  While we chilled at the hotel and ate at Buckleys.  It was awesome.  I had the Shrimp and Grits.  It was awesome!  Only a mojito would have made it better.  But, sadly, they didn't have any mint.  Bummer.  The awesomeness of dinner made up for it.

Then next day we watched film and talked more with the staff.  I feel so stupid in those meetings.  They talk x's and o's in football language.  I felt that I walked in on the last week of a calculus class.  Everyone else is nodding knowingly.  And I'm looking at the diagrams thinking what the what the? Oh well, just not my language.



No comments: