Thursday, January 10, 2013

Six Million Dollar Man

My buddy, GH (age 71) has degeneration disease. So far he has had both knees and one hip replaced. Yesterday, he had his right shoulder replaced. Of course, he had to be there at 8am. The surgery got started at noon...two hours late. And then he was in recovery twice as long as they originally said. So he didn't get to a room until after 3pm. Sometimes I wonder if hospital folks have any concept of time. I know it isn't their fault. Just seems that time passes oh so slow when you are concerned about a loved ones well-being. One odd thing happened as I was going in. A man in a wheelchair with the hospital gown, bandages and all asked me how I was doing. Really? Well, obviously, I think I am doing better than you are. But he was just happy as could be. It struck me that it is all about an attitude of gratitude! Maybe he was actually the one doing well.

No comments: