Friday, June 28, 2013

Only as Old as You Feel...

I took the Buddy, Tdawg and Tdawg's friend Didi to Spring Valley Beach.  I really should know better by now.  But I suppose I am forgetful and time makes things blurry. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Buddy is rather a daredevil.  And his necessity for completion means we have to ride all of the slides, at least once.
Let me tell you, if you are only as old as you feel...the Spring Valley Beach water slides will make you feel ancient! 
 
This is the Killer: 360 degree rush.  You climb up to the top and get into a 32" tube.  The bottom drops out and you fall 58 feet, reaching nearly 30 miles per hour and shoot into a bowl, where you spin to a stop (and crawl out)
 The black out (enclosed tube) was not bad. The Need for Speed you are just on a mat on your stomach.  So when you hit the water, you get a "free" sinus irrigation.  Ugh.
 The Chutes don't look bad.  But they are concrete and you have to wear a helmet.
 The Circle S wasn't good for me. I felt too tall for the mat and my legs were flying up over the rim on the banked curves.
 The Sidewinder was fun.  Buddy and I rode together and separately. 
The pool was delightful.  Not too crowded.
I think I need to start acting my age...maybe tomorrow.

No comments: