Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Memorial

Dad's Memorial service was really nice. We had a good mix of family, friends, clients and golfing buddies. I think Dad would have been touched. We were most surprised by the clients. Dad really went above and beyond in helping his clients. We just never knew. I was proud of Sissy for getting up and giving a fitting tribute. Her description of Dad as "high spirited" got a few chuckles. Dad was nothing if not passionate. Nothing was undecided in his mind; he had a strong opinion about everything. My oldest brother read from Dad's first hand account of Pearl Harbor. It was fascinating. I will post the narrative at a later date. There was also a great slideshow. Dad had personally autographed pictures of several of the high ranking Navy officials of the time. They including Admiral C. Nimitz, the Pacific Fleet First Admiral and who signed for the US when Japan surrendered on the USS Missouri.



Afterwards, we had a reception and took lots of pictures. I don't think that a picture of all four of us had been taken since my college graduation.

No comments: