Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Upside Down

My world went upside down with the trip to Colorado. I did not recognize my Dad in the care facility. He had obvious and not so obvious changes...but I was slow to see the bigger picture. A week after I left town, he died peacefully in his sleep. I'm glad I got to see him one last time, even though the man I saw was not how I remembered. I know he thought that he would have more time. I guess we all think that we have more time. Time truly is a thief. I'm flying out for the memorial service. Probably will journal the old fashioned way and type up the best when I get back. I keep waking up in the middle of the night hoping that it has all been a bad dream...needless to say, I have not been sleeping much.

2 comments:

Loveday's Day said...

Sorry about your dad. I think we all want more time with our loved ones.

Shawna said...

Laurie,
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I agree that we all want as much time to spend with loved ones and find ourselves (maybe not you) wishing we had used the time we had to spend more of it with our family. I pray for a safe trip and that the Lord keep his arms around your whole family during this time.

With love,
Shawna