Friday, July 17, 2009

My Mother's Daughter

Ahhh, sometimes I am my Mother. I have so much to do. So, I feel the urge to sit down, have a cup of coffee (ice tea, in my case), put my feet up and think about it...just like Mom would do. Mom also passed on her list obsession to me. It really is a just coping mechanism for the overwhelmed. Or in my case, I just love crossing things off of the list. I have been known to add things to my list that are already done...just so I can mark them off! (There must be a 12 step program for that!) But for now..so far this morning, I have packed my stuff for vacation; took Tdawg to the dentist; grocery shopped; ate lunch; got Tdawg's haircut; went to the bank; went to the post office; got a watch battery, washed, dryed and folded a load of clothes, loaded the dishwasher and stopped by the pharmacy. Not bad...seeing as it is only noon thirty. I would call that a rather productive morning. So, time for a break. Still have to help Buddy pack and organize the food and pool toys. Phew. I may have to have two glasses of tea!! Or better yet...a nap.

1 comment:

Me said...

Ha ha! I'm the exact same way! Especially with writing things on my list that are already done. :) Must run in the family!

~Janneh