Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Out of balance...as usual

To answer Miss Goofy’s question: No: there is not a "balance" between work and home. I have been a full-time Mom; I have worked part-time outside the home; I have worked full-time outside the home. The dilemma is that there just are not enough hours in the day to accomplish it all. I can’t imagine actually doing my job from home. I would have a split personality…trying to do both at the same time. For me, it has been a process of letting go. First, I had to resign to the fact that it is ok if everything does not get done. I try to set priorities. I do my best with those and ignore the rest. Second, I try to give 100% of my attention to whatever the task is and live in the moment. It is counterproductive to think about work at home and about home at work. Third, I try to take a couple of minutes completely for myself. Naturally, all of this is much easier said than done!

1 comment:

SSP said...

if there was ANYONE else here, I would NOT be able to work at home...it is definitely a challenge to stay focused...and I can't imagine adding other people to the mix!!!!!