Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mystery Solved

I asked for a crockpot, a waffle maker and a wide slice toaster for Christmas. Cletus said he refused to buy any of them. Years and years ago, I asked for a nice set of pots and pans for Christmas. Cletus bought me a very nice set of Revereware. I was thrilled! But his workmates have dogged him relentlessly.

I didn't think it was so bad...I did ask for them after all. But I have heard of much worst gifts. M said that she got trash bags from her husband for Christmas. Strangely, they are still married. I think he just hands her cash now.

And the one that wins the prize: C told me that her mother in law bought all of the other daughter-in-laws sweaters for Christmas. However, the mil gave her a girdle! That's right, nothing says Merry Christmas like serious foundation underwear from your mil! Bless her heart. The other daughters in law modeled their sweaters. And C said she modeled her underwear (over her pants). Talk about being a good sport!

No comments: