Thursday, January 7, 2010

Week After Christmas

My work was closed the week after Christmas. It was nice to have a few days off.

Monday, Tdawg had a follow up appointment with the ENT. The final assessment is that he has a deviated septum. That is why the sinus infection is not clearing up. He is going to need surgery. He has opted for after basketball season (end of February). The best thing is that they do not pack the nose anymore. I always heard that was the worst part.

Tuesday was road trip day. Cletus has a bad case of bike fever. So we went up to Franklin TN to the Cool Springs Mall and two Harley shops near there. He has not purchased one yet...but he was doing some serious drooling.

Wednesday, I took Tdawg and his girlfriend to the mall. For me, it could have been financially disastrous. I am bored with my clothes and would love to have a whole new wardrobe. I looked and looked but only found one sweater I liked enough to buy. I think I would rather have a new spring wardrobe...but the weather is not cooperating.

Then we all went to the movies. Tdawg and his girlfriend went to see The Blind Side. Buddy and I saw The Princess and the Frog. I thought it was quite dark for a Disney flick. I'm not convinced that black magic is general audience appropriate.

Thursday was a vain attempt to clean the house. I did manage to pack up all of the Christmas decoration and pick up the house a little bit. Then Cletus and I went to date night. A great dinner at Logans and a terrific movie: The Blind Side. We were home long before the New Year's Eve crazy people were out on the road. Staying up past midnight is no longer a challenge I wish to participate in. I relish a good nights sleep.

Friday, New Years Day. I felt quite blue. I feell like I did not get nearly enough accomplished...still have a lot of unfinished projects. I do not make resolutions but I still have a few goals.

Ans before I knew it the week was over and so was 2009.

No comments: