Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Highs and Lows

I never know what the day will bring. 
 
 Yesterday, we were all day at Crestwood Hospital with Cletus' second surgery.  It went much better than the first.  I certainly hope he is finished with kidney stones!
 
After I got Buddy on the school bus this morning, I went back to sleep.  I was feeling guilt for lazy/slothfulness.  But figured that my body needed it.  Turned out to be a really good idea.
 
I got up after a good three hour nap, took a shower and Cletus and I went to look at the house:
 
 
We have concrete!  And hopefully on Thursday (if it doesn't rain), they will start framing!

Then we stopped for lunch.  I got a text from Tdawg.  He had skipped class.  Was feeling miserable and was at the campus nurse.  He tested negative for rapid strep.  But they were sending him to an ENT because of his 103.5 fever.  He asked me to come down.  So, I hopped in the car and drove the 70 mile one way trip.  I, of course, got lost.  Yes, I have a GPS.  But I still didn't end up at the right building. 

I found Tdawg.  He was a mess!  He was delirious and felt very hot to the touch.  He tested positive for flu.  Oh dear!  Good thing I went down!  I got his Tamiflu (BCBS wouldn't cover it?!?) and we came back home. 

Now that the house is quiet...I can say: thankfully, Cletus is feeling much better.  He is going to work tomorrow.  And Tdawg is fed, medicated and crashed.  Hopefully by the weekend, he will be feeling much much better. 

Once again, if I knew what the day held....I don't think I would have gotten out of bed!

No comments: