Sunday, August 24, 2008

In the Strangest Places

The Sunday ladies were talking about knowing if it is really something God wants you to do. The consensus was that you get confirmation...from God's word, from a prayer buddy...but can it come from a fortune cookie? I kid you not! One morning I got a phone call at work. I saw the caller id and knew it was not going to be fun. It was a plea for help. Although I said yes; it was not in a loving manner. I was being quite stubborn and trying to figure a way out all morning. I was already determined to walk away. When I went to lunch and this is what my fortune cookie said "YOU WILL BE CALLED UPON TO HELP A FRIEND IN TROUBLE. ANSWER THE CALL." I am the type of person who likes things spelled out in neon on a billboard. So the sense of humor in me loves that it was in black and white on a tiny piece of paper. A little small to be a billboard. But I got the point. He does work in mysterious ways!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Yes He does. And you never know how is is going to give kyou that confirmation. He is God. His ways are not our ways. Therefore, your fortune was you billboard you were looking for. I love you.