Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Retro Weekend Part Two


After going through the Reader's Digest summary of our life since HS, we decided to go eat dinner. There are no restaurants in the downtown Bham area. So, we drove about twelve miles to The Summit. For Bham, the traffic was not bad. But I am not used to big city traffic. Here, if you have to wait two whole light changes, there is swearing, growling and general gnashing of teeth. The Summit was packed and the PF Chang's wait was 75-85 minutes! There seem to be a awful lot of teenagers dressed up (prom, sports banquet, cotillion?). So, we prowled around the bookstore and then sat on the bench out front. We went to check on the wait (surely the wait time was exaggerated?). The people just coming in were being told it was a three hour wait! Are you serious? Somewhere around 60 minutes, we seriously began to wonder if we would starve to death. We didn't. The food was awesome, the service excellent and totally worth the wait. I think that the wait made the food tasted even better. The Crab Ragoon appetizer was the best!! Smarty Pants got her usual: the honey chicken. Ya know, for being a world traveler, she is not very adventurous in her food choices. I ordered the spicy chicken. We ended up sharing and both dishes were excellent. While waiting for our food, we decided that neither of us would make it as a waitress. One waitress had at least ten GLASS drinks on a tray balanced on her shoulder. For me, a recipe for disaster!!

Then we went back to the room. We Google-d a few former classmates and talked about our high school experiences. I was disappointed that Goggling myself did not produce better results! Ha ha!! And, of course, we made plans to attend the next reunion (in two years). By then, we will look totally more fabulous than we do now! :-)

1 comment:

SSP said...

dinner WAS really good, and I have been adventurous in my dining choices in the past....always to the detriment of my dinig companions, so count yourself lucky, young grasshoppa, that I stayed with the tried and true!! heh heh. and yes the crab rangoon was fantabulous - i could have eaten just that for my dinner!!