Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Knit Wit

Well, I was gonna be a hooker (crocheting, that is)...but I guess I'm going to be a knit wit instead. BR at work asked if we wanted to donate knitted items to underprivileged kids in New York. Several said they'd love to...but we don't know how to knit. So GJ offered to do a lunch and learn. So five of us tried to learn how to knit today at lunch. Poor lady had no idea what she got herself into when she volunteered to teach. We all had two left hands and too many thumbs. I was going to take pictures, but it was too sad. I understand that it is supposed to lower your blood pressure. It was incredibly comical, but my blood pressure was going up, not down! I'm so slow that I think my scarf will be finished right before I enter a nursing home. I have two and a half rows done...I'll keep you posted. I think I am going to end up like V with too many irons in the fire.

1 comment:

SSP said...

as a happy hooker myself, i say stick to the crochet...crocheted items like hats and blankets are just as welcome by the poor and cold and homeless as the nitted versions. SEE YOU SATURDAY!!!!!