Monday, March 9, 2009

Retro Weekend Part One


Too bad it doesn't say age limit 27. I felt like I was in an '80's flashback all weekend! Saturday morning, it was a gawgeous 80 degrees. (Much better than last weekends fake snow storm). So, I road tripped to B'ham, even though the "magic" city is usually not my fav place. I-65 was less crowded than usual and the travel a breeze the whole way. I found a great '80's radio station and sang loudly in the car. I got through the 65/20 interchange with minimal swearing. I parked downtown near Linc park, the civic center and the hotel. I thought if Smarty Pants was not yet available, I would hang out in the park and take pictures. Um, maybe not. This guy decided that he liked me or probably he just wanted money. I noticed that there appears to be a good number of homeless people in the park during the day. Anyway, he followed me from my car to the hotel. By the end of the 2-1/2 block journey, I was running IN HEELS. Quite the sight, I assure you! The hotel desk manager seemed totally unfazed by the fact that I was completely frazzled and out of breath. I guess he is used to that kind of behavior?? Thankfully, Smarty Pants was in her room!! And I saw no more of Mr. Creep!!



I must admit that I would have recognized her anywhere. She looked great and has not changed a bit. I really should post her high school pic and show you. Ha ha. Better not! She'd kill me and artfully hide the body! I brought my Wheat Ridge Farmer yearbook and we reminiscing and catching up. Did I mention that I have not seen her since high school?



1 comment:

SSP said...

oh PLEASE post my high school picture!!!! I am sorry you were tailed through the park but glad the heels didn't slow you down...and it is SmartY pants... :-)