Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Brain Dump

Ok, so I have huge bag of tiny crayons and I hate to just throw them away. So, I was thinking about melting them in a double boiler-type arrangement (using several old veggie cans). Then pouring the wax in a random batik pattern on material (muslin). Pull off the dried wax and have the color of the crayon still on the material. I think we did something like that in art class when I was in sixth grade. That is unless any of you can help with a better use of one inch crayons.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Melt them in muffin tins and make rainbow crayons, the batik idea sounds like fun too.

kaw said...

You can make candles out of them I think! :)

Kim Watkins

SSP said...

oh i did the melt them in the muffin tin thing...they did not color well after that...I say throw them away and buy a NEW box!!