Monday, April 21, 2008

An Anniversary of Sorts

I had to get my drivers license renewed today. Could they have taken a worst picture of me? Egads!! But then again, does anyone really like their license picture?? Well, I must admit that it isn't the worst drivers license picture of me. That would have been in 2004. I looked like a Helga the Hungarian immigrant farm worker. Seriously it was BAD. My best friend told me that it was the worst fake I.D. she had ever seen. And proceeded to laugh her way off of a chair when I told her it wasn't fake. Even the lady at the DMV said it was a horrible picture!! Anyway, it occurred to me that I have been in the Rocket City for twenty years now. The original plan was to stay between four and six years, while Cletus finished college. He finished but we never left. I never could have imagined that we would stay. But we not only stayed, we thrived. I'll never be considered a local, but I've almost been here longer than anywhere else. It has been a wild ride so far. But I'm expecting that we remain, and be able to say: I remember when...

No comments: