Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It is all in a name

Probably a good thing that my mother didn't name me after my grandmother, "Grace". I seem to be seriously lacking in the art of balance and gracefulness (yes, I hurt my foot...again!). Then again, my dad wanted to name me "Bonnie"...and call me "Bon-bon". Oh dear, that would not have been good! Never really have liked my name but I realize that it could be worst. And by the way, I would have been Scott, if I'd been a boy. I wonder if others are satisfied with their names...do they like their name? do they feel that it suits them? do they know what else they would have been named?

3 comments:

Shawna said...

I do like my name. And, I actually like my middle name: Leigh. I was going to be named Cory (boy or girl), but that was changed. Not named after anyone in the family.

Brenda said...

I was supposed to be Beverly Jean if I was a girl Trevor David if I was a boy. Good thing they changed it. I would not have like Beverly at all.

mkg said...

How many folks do you know with a dog named Mitzi? That seems to be the usual species for a Mitzi. When I was born my granddaddy had to write down my name on a piece of paper and carry it with him in his shirt pocket. A lot of my family shortens it to "Mit", people at work call me Mitzi Lou even though my actual name is Mitzi Kay - guess it doesn't really matter as long as I answer. And the one thing that does really matter is that Jesus calls me His child.