Monday, April 21, 2008

Junkin' Weekend

What fun! I went up to Franklin with the wild women. Isn't it interesting what people sell at a yard sale. I started pondering the story behind each item. Was it a (less than perfect) gift or an impulse buy? What made them think they just had to have it...and then let it go. Just a thinking. I am no different. I came home with an eclectic bag of goodies. Pajama pants and socks (both new), earrings (never worn), a leopard print purse (Neiman-Marcus never used...how could I say no?), a lighthouse (for Cletus' desk), a 1950's sports magazine (also for Cletus), a Braves pennant (for TDawg), and address book (still in the plastic). I also pick out a skirt and a dress. I got the clothes home and tried them on. What was I thinking? Neither one looks like anything I have in my closet. Hmmm. And my treasure of the trip:a stone Pegasus, that reminded me of my mother. I had a great time! Much talking and fun and chow and ice cream with my adopted sisters. How could we all have been so different when we were high school age, but so close now? Don't know. I'm just happy I know then now!!

No comments: