Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Fake Birthday to Me

Without presents, balloons, cards nor fanfare...my fake birthday came and went. That's ok. Very few people know that I,Yes, I actually have a fake birthday. My real birthday is in late September. But that was past the cut off for starting school. I would have had to stay home another year. Apparently that was unacceptable to my mother. So my mother altered my birth certificate making September 2nd my birthday. Then she coached and drilled my siblings. Mom wanted to make sure that they wouldn't accidentally tell my real birthday. It seems a little surreal and over the top to me. In the long run, I think it would have been better for me to start a year later. I would have had an extra year of maturity. Now, in elementary school it really didn't matter. But when it came to high school and driving, it was not fun always being the youngest. Sadly, having an extra birthday did not entitle me to an extra cake, party, presents.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

FUNNY!!!

Shawna said...

At least on your fake birthday you don't have to actually count yourself a year older. I think you should be entitled to a cake...or at least a balloon...a balloon animal!! Happy Fake Birthday!!!

Sherry said...

Happy Fake Birthday to you!