Saturday, February 7, 2009

Betty Lou's Reconstructive Process

We just got back from visiting Betty Lou at the local Ford dealership (where we adopted her). I apparently have a new bud for life, Phil. Phil is the body guy and he said that Betty Lou is very fortunate. The damage is limited to parts that are fiberglass and plastic and are bolted on. No damage to the frame. So, the front quarter panel and the hood will be replaced. Along with the bumper assembly and left lights. Oh, and the windshield wiper reservoir that was cracked. So this means that Betty Lou will be getting out in a week. It would have been two or so if they had to do welding. Phil said that I did a good job driving and deflecting the damage. If I had not turned and ended up hitting head on, the airbags would have gone off. There would have been damage to the frame. In some cases, it would be even enough to total it. I understand that putting back the airbags is expensive. Phil also said that Alfa (the other insurance carrier) is really good and insists on new parts (so no reconditioned crap). Of course I made Hubby go with me. I don't want to hear about damage to the turn indicator fluid!! Some of those mechanic turds make me so mad. They purposely talk garage lingo and act like I'm a dum-dum. Grrrr!!! Hey, I put the key in the ignition...what else do I need to know??

No comments: