Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Crash Payton

Well, it was my co-worker's birthday today. So we were going to take her out to lunch. I had, in all, five of the seven people who make up our accounting department in my Ford Explorer. We had just left the parking lot and made it halfway through the first intersection when a catering van turned in front of us. I ended up tboning the van. It was almost in slow motion and yet it happened in a blink of an eye. M said that he saw the van window shatter in slow motion. We were all so stunned that she turned! She started to turn left in front of us...paused (so we thought she was not going to) and then turned. Thank God everyone is fine...sore, but so far fine. The airbags did not deploy. The damage to my suv is concentrated in the right front part of the car. I really can't describe the damage very well. I took a quick look at it and thought I was going to heave. So I walked away. I will go take a look at Betty Lou tomorrow and take pictures. It was strange the waves of emotion that I went through. First just total shock. I called 911 but could hardly answer questions. Then remorse and sadness (crying). Then irritation. Sometimes I wonder why I pay for car insurance. I have paid full coverage for years and have not needed it. But when I do, the company wanted me to do all of the work. They wanted me call the other person's insurance company and basically handle my own claim. Um...and what do I pay you guys to do?? I finally got someone to listen to me and I have a rental car. It is a Nissan Vespa. No offense, but next to the big suv, it looks like a clown car. It even has a horn like a clown car. As you can tell, my thoughts are scrambled and I'm tired. I'm just so grateful, it could have been so so much worst. We could have easily been hit from behind as well; the airbags could have broken noses; someone could have been seriously injured. I'm glad we all get to go on through another day!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

I am so glad to hear that you and your passengers are ok! I am sorry about Betty Lou, but better her than any of you. The Lord was keeping you safe. I often wonder about some of the drivers here...just what goes through their mind?!?

As far as insurance...it only takes that one accident to make you thankful that you have been paying for it. However; I would have to agree with you. You pay them...they should take care of the claim completely.

Again, so glad you are ok!

Les & Sweetie Berry said...

I am so thankful you were alright...I so loved meeting you at S's!
hugs
s