Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Blunders

I was reading an article on Thanksgiving blunders…it was interesting. But the real-life snafoos are much more humorous! Theses all happened at dinners I attended...for some of them, I was the chef. So in no particular order...
1. An unthawed turkey on Thanksgiving morning
2. Malfunctioning oven, only the broiler element was heating (same year as #1)
3. Forgetting about the green beans in the microwave and trying to serve them after dessert and coffee
4. Forgetting to remove the paper towel from the bottom of the salad serving bowl (extra fiber anyone?)
5. Eggshells (need I say more?)
6. Discussion of politics at the dinner table
7. Parents hearing your cousin tell your that her boyfriend has a tatoos and piercings.
8. Not realizing my dinner guest is a strict vegetarian
9. Having a cleaning fit because company is coming; must wipe down the baseboards and make the house so clean that it doesn’t look like we live here
10. And the biggest blunder of all: Trying to please everyone

Oh yeah, there is more but you wouldn't believe me if I told you. Hope everyone has a joyous thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

SSP said...

LOL...yup - i have heard those...having never EVER cooked a turkey, however, I can't say I relate to #1 or 2...my mom was always pretty good.....:-)