Saturday, December 6, 2008

Bargain Hunting

My new fav sport is bargain hunting. I roadtriped today and picked up my boss. She lives about an hour away in the middle of no-where. Well, almost the middle of no-where. I got to meet her horses. They are a hoot! I didn't realize that horses had such personality. I think Duke liked me...or thought I had something to eat.

Shadow was not sure if he liked me.

After a tour of the farm and her new remodeled house. We drove to another city to bargain hunt. This place is a treasure trove. We probably never would have known, but a co-worker, who had gasteric bypass and had to get a whole new wardrobe, let us in on the secret. It is a very large consignment shop with every brand name you could imagine: Abercrombie, Talbots, Coldwater Creek, Liz Clairborne, Parisians and more. The items looked hardly worn and a lot of them still had the original tags on them. I found two sweaters, two pairs of dress pants and a wool peacoat. The coat was only $20. That is a whole lot better than five times that much at a discount store! I thought I did very well. My boss got two armloads of clothes! We shopped until our feet hurt and then we had lunch. It was a good day! Best of all, I had a great time hanging out with my buddy! All in all, it does not matter what you are doing...it is who you are with!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

That sounds like fun! Take me! Take me!

Megan said...

I need to know where this city is!!!