Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

I stole this from Smarty Pants Rants...who stole it from someone...who stole it from someone else. So who knows who get original credit!!

What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? I started blogging! Woo hoo Yee Hoo!

Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I stopped making resolutions a few years ago. So far, it has worked out great!

Did anyone close to you give birth? Miss Blessed Beyond gave birth to a little bity boy. And Miss Absence Makes the Heart grow fonder had a sweet little girl. And by the way, that little girl already has her dad wrapped around her little finger!

Did anyone close to you die? Sadly Miss K lost a two year battle. I will dearly miss her sweet spirit!

What countries did you spend time in this year? No passport and no traveling outside of the US. But I’m totally ok with that!

What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Oh there are things that I would like…but I have everything I need!

What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? My youngest started High School. Pretty tough on poor OLD Mom!

What was your biggest achievement of the year? Perseverance! keeping a smile on my face.

What was your biggest failure? Allowing someone to steal my joy.

Did you suffer any serious injury or illness? I had surgery…but everything is great now. Just a few jammed toes and fingers.

What was the best thing you bought? Hubby got me a digital camera that I just love!!

Whose behavior merited celebration? Hubby and the boys have been great this year. They treated me like a Queen during my recovery. Couldn’t ask for better!!

Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed? I prefer not to answer this one. I wish things were different…but they are not…and probably never will be.

Where did most of your money go? Feeding and clothing teenagers!

What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going on vacation!

What do you wish you'd done more of? Reading…I love to get lost in a good book.

What do you wish you'd done less of? Laundry. But with teenagers…it is a fact of life!

Did you fall in love in 2008? No, but I’m working on falling out of love with chocolate!

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No, I don’t hate anyone.

What was the best book you read? Quaker Summer was great! I liked Sunday at Tiffany’s too.

What did you want and not get? Snow and Botox (or something) to get rid of my 11’s (wrinkles between my eyebrows). Hey, you asked.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Let's see, I was 29 on my last Present day. And I went to a high school football game.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A whole lot less drama!

What political issue stirred you the most? Very interesting year. I think I will have to wait to see whether the elected officials keep their campaign promises.

Who did you miss? My mom…everyday for the last twenty years. And my sister. (Hi Trunie!)

Who was the best new person you met? I guess I would have to say my new work family. I spend so much time with them! We are all quirky…but it works.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Pick your battles. Sometimes there is not anything you can say to change someone’s mind. You just have to disagree and walk away.

What sums up this year? Blessed beyond belief!

1 comment:

SSP said...

glad to see someone was able to follow through....i didn't have any good answers!! didja get my christmas letter?? HNY