Friday, December 19, 2008

Memory Lane

This story has been told and told by my Dad until it became legend. My brother is five years older...so I'm guessing that I was four and he was nine at this time. I have no recollection of this and never knew what it looked like but I found the picture on Google. (I know, heaven forbid I use the Internet for something educational!) Years ago my brother got this for Christmas. You could hit it and the bear would growl and turn around and charge at you. LR (rotten brother) thought it would be oh so funny to try and scare me with it. So he made it charge after me. Well, instead of runnning away crying, I hit it as hard as I could and sent it flying into the corner. Sadly it broke beyond repair. I showed him! I would bet the the reason that is no longer sold is that it is a totally politically incorrect toy.

Oh by the way, when I say rotten brother...I mean it. He tried to shut me into the fridge (to see if the light would stay on). One day, he fed me Crisco and unsweetened chocolate! He didn't exactly lie: he said that Mom made cookies with them! Like I said...ROTTEN!

3 comments:

SSP said...

bwahhahahahaaaa - did the light stay on? I love this laurie - very politcally incorrect toy...BOP a bear?? kinda like whack a baby seal! LOL. My mom tricked my aunt one time when she was being a pest while my mom was making cookies...she filled a glass 1/2 full of vanilla, knowing my aunt would think it was coca cola....and she did....heh heh...classic evil older sister!!

Laurie said...

Hey...I was tramatized! I ended up spending a lot of time with my sissy since they couldn't trust LR to be nice to me!

SSP said...

heh heh...as the older sibling, i salute your brother for getting you started right (i am sure my brother was traumatized by me too!!!)