Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2011 'Round the Corner

Oh my...Christmas is days away and 2011 is just 'round the corner. I seriously need about another month in 2010 to stuff done and feel good about it. Well, as we know it does not work that way.

It is now looking like most of the 38 windows, we are having to replace in the house, are going in tomorrow and finishing up on Friday (Christmas Eve)...MAYBE. Since we were told they were installing Monday and Tuesday, all of the curtain rods and curtains in the house are down and all of the furniture is pushed two feet or more away from the windows. Last night, sitting on the couch, I felt like I was in a fish bowl! I am starting to think that boxing everything up and moving would be easier than this. I'm an orderly person and I am not liking the current chaos in the house.

I have not really felt all that joyful this season. I have greatly enjoyed parts of it. But I wanted that mountain-top experience that lasts throughout the month. That is not very realistic. So, I become regularly disappointed by my own expectations. I understand very well why this season is so difficult for so many. I know I dearly miss loved ones that have passed. I still long for one more family get together.

In my head, I realize that I am blessed beyond measure. And I have more than I could ever really need (to be honest, I have too much). My joy does not come from my circumstances. My joy does not come from my feelings (which regularly lie to me). But sometimes I still can't seem to help feeling like Charlie Brown in the Christmas Special.

1 comment:

Just My Life said...

I know what you mean! This year has seemed tough to me. Maybe its age ...