Friday, December 17, 2010

Thoughts for Today

It has been quite cold here lately. Some days it has been colder here in Colorado! So I got to thinking about those who are cold and less fortunate. Those without homes. So when my Sunday School teacher asked each of us for a suggestion for a winter mission project. I told them that it would be so easy to donate to the homeless. The ladies' responded in abundance and filled up my trunk.

So today at lunch, I dropped off blankets, coats and gloves for the homeless. I had a nice visit with Lineise, the Homeless Coalition Director. She told me that the donations are going to a local church. The church's congregation is 95% homeless! Wow! That just stunned me. How awesome to have a church that is meeting both the physical and spiritual needs of this mostly-ignored segment of society. What a blessing these workers are!

Most of us have more than we need. We can't even fit it all in a house, and a garage, and a detached garage and a storage building. Not just now, but all throughout the year, consider donating time, talents and material possessions to those less fortunate than yourself. He who has no Christmas in his heart will never find Christmas under a tree!

No comments: