Friday, February 1, 2013

Fixin' To

Well, after leaving Top O' The River, we had about an hour drive home.  We took the back way through Grant Mountain.  Probably really pretty, but being in the country at night...it was just pitch black.  It felt a bit Squatchie.  That is, some place that Bigfoot/Sasquatch might hang out.  Cletus and I got into an interesting discussion about what would you do if you saw Mr. Foot.  He said that he would not tell a soul.  I  think that is true of most people.  That is why they haven't found Mr. Foot yet.  By the way, I would probably tell S and V and no one else.  Not sure what they would think.  But that's what friends are for. As well as they know me, I'm not sure that they would be in the least bit alarmed (or surprised) that I saw Mr. Big Foot.

The rest of the conversation was a little less serious.  Our five/ten year plan.  After, Buddy graduates in May.  He will need full time care.  So, I am going to take that role.  Hopefully, he can work part time and I will chauffeur.  Otherwise, we will volunteer.  I just can't have him just sitting around the house watching television.

So, we have decided to put our house on the market and get a smaller, more managable home. So we are fixin' to be ready.  And there is a lot of fixin' to do: sort, donate, clean, box, repair, sell. Ugh.  We haven't moved in ten years and we have accumulated quite a bit.  And we plan on a house about half the size of the one we have now.  So this week has been cleaning out the top of the garage (I didn't know we still had that). And sorting through crammed closets for donation items. And having work done on the outside of the house.

When I get to that point.  I have some items to sell.  I'll let y'all know about yard sales and other large items.

It is a lot of work and not very glamourous.

No comments: