Friday, February 1, 2013

Knit Wit

After stuggling on my own for awhile, I decided to take a knitting class.  A co-worker of mine: Gloria, before she left for Massachusetts, tried to teach me how to knit.  So, when Jo-Ann's had half price classes, I signed up.  I told Rose, the teacher, that I could sort of knit.  I don't think she knew what to think of me.  So I demonstrated.  The other lady asked  the teacher...well, can she knit?  And the teacher said that I was right.  I can sort of knit.  But not the way you are supposed to.  So, Rose instructed.  It took me awhile to unlearn the way I was doing it and relearn the correct way. I learned the two stitches (knit and purl) and three combinations.
Then I got new yarn and needles to start an infinity scarf:

I think my progression will be infinity scarf, baby blanket, hat and then try something bigger like a vest and eventually a sweater. The other ladies were working on a sweater. It didn't look that hard...just time comsuming.

No comments: