Saturday, February 16, 2013

Magnificent Desolation

Catch up: I had a great weekend (last weekend) with my sister and her husband. Friday, we had dinner at Logan's with Tdawg. We had the best brownie sundae. I should have taken a pic. Maybe next time (wink wink). Saturday, we went to The Space and Rocket Center. We watched the IMAX movie about the moon, called "Magnificent Desolation". It was pretty good. I sometimes wonder if we really did go to the moon. Our leaders have lied to us about so much, I wouldn't be surprised. The space race was so politicized.

In the way back corner of my memories, I remember my sister and Dad arguing one day about the moon. I never understood what the fuss was, but it was quite heated. Of course, since my Dad was a lawyer, every argument was passionately defended. So I asked if she remembered what it was. She did. When we see a "full moon" it is really only half of the moon (we don't see the other half, the dark side). So it is incorrect to call it a full moon.  I know, why in the world would you argue over that?  That would be my family! Dad always had to argue long enough to make you agree with his point of view.

No comments: