Friday, February 1, 2013

Discriminating Taste

Wow, it is Friday already and I am waay behind on my blogging.  Well, I had a great Saturday with Sharika (A New Beginning) and V (Am I Getting Old).  We worked on a watercolor batik of boats.  I think they have already posted pics of theirs if you want to check out their pages.  I'm not happy with mine.  So I am going to do some more work on it. Pics later.

After the class, we went out to dinner at Top o' the River.  S and V's hubby's are both named Gary.  I wanna fit in so I am going to change Cletus' name to "Gary".  Just kidding.  I have never been a fitting in type of person. Cletus said it is too confusing for all of the guys to be Gary.  Besides, he has enough trouble with people calling him Ronald or Randy (neither are correct).

Dinner was fun.  TOTR has southern food: fried catfish, turnip greens, pinto beans, cornbread. It is good, just not what I grew up on.  Actually, I like my cornbread... sweet (with honey butter).  Gasp!  And having unsweet cornbread with pinto beans...well, that is not a meal (to me). Gasp! As for catfish, I've tried it.  I like fish that doesn't taste like fish.  A mild white fish...like halibut. Oh my!!  I know, I know, I get this all the time: "ya ain't from 'round 'ere, are ya?"

Well no.  I am from the west and a city girl. I "branched out" and tried fried dill pickles.  Pretty good. And had fried chicken.  Can't help it if I'm 'picky'...although, I prefer to think of myself as having "discriminating taste".  I know what I like.

Anyway, painting was fun.  Dinner was good.  And the company was the best!!