Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Holy Guacamole Batman!

Sunday, we were notified of our first house showing. It was scheduled for 6p.  Yay for the showing! And double yay for being at dinnertime!  A great excuse not to cook. So, we took off and ate at our fav cheap mexican restaurant in Fayetteville.  And enjoyed the extended evening daylight hours with a leisurely drive back home.

Monday was rainy and yucky.  The ReMax team all came to familiarized themselves with my home. So, I took off and ran errands.  Ok, actually I played in Jones' Valley at Target, Hobby Lobby, and had lunch with V.

Tuesday was awful.  I felt like I'd been hit by a truck.  I spent most of the day asleep.  I guess I needed it.  I was thankful no one wanted to see the house.  I didn't feel good enough to back the car out of the driveway!

Today (Wednesday), I got a text telling me that the Sunday lookie loos wanted another look.  Oh! A second look sounds serious!  After which came questions about the house.  Some of which I had not even noticed.  It got really real!  They went into the crawl space (ick!). (Although, I must say that the pest guy said ours was the cleanest crawl space that he had ever seen!!)  They even asked every question under the sun!  He even asked what was planted in the front flower bed. (Cletus wanted me to tell them that Aunt Ethel was buried there). LOL!  Goodness...we have a little of everything in there.

Turns out that lookie loo is an engi-nerd who works out at the arsenal.  Oh my!  Next thing he'll ask is are the walls plumb.  Egads!  All day long, I am getting text after text of "one more question".  He wants the invoices and warranty work of all home improvements.  Say what?  Most are not transferable to a new owner. But I complied and made copies. I am thinking that he must have trust issues.  He is an inquisitive little bugger.

Jennifer said to expect an offer from him soon.  I would suppose she is correct.  My friend, Q, thinks that they will use the invoices to lowball the offer.  But then again, Q is a known pessimist.

I am still in shock!  I feel like I'm on the Wildcat at Elitch's.  A slow climb (tick, tick, tick) as the chain pulled the cars up the hill. The moment of suspended animation at the top of the hill.  You could see they whole park and the front range of the Rockies. And then the terrifying sixty-eight foot drop into a banked curve left you screaming and breathless at the same time with your stomach doing backflips.

I couldn't wait to be tall enough to ride.  I still remember the day when I was tall enough.  And I talked Dad into riding with me.  He thought that I'd be terrified and done with it for good.  Oh no.  I loved it!!  And I had a ride band, so I didn't even have to get off and back into line.  I rode a couple of times with my sister.  And then a couple more times with my brother.  I would have stayed on until the park closed, if I could have!

I'm older now.  And it is a bit more terrifying.  Could we really have an offer on the house just seven days after it hit the market?  That's crazy!!  Where are we going to live?  We don't have a lot, a builder, or a plan...Holy Guacamole Batman!!

1 comment:

SSP said...

oh yes, that view from the top of the elitches roller coaster...kinda lulled you into a Wow, this is awesome trance before HURLING you into the abyss.....I remember that :-)