Friday, March 8, 2013

It's Official

It is official: our house is up for sale.  Jennifer came over yesterday and we signed the paperwork.  She took quite a few photos and put up the sign.  We should be on the web: valleymls.com soon.  We both feel it is a good thing.  But still a little scary.  We hope it goes by quickly; never fun to keep your house like you don't live in it.  Thankfully, some of the recent neighborhood sales have been about 50-60 days.  Not bad!

Tomorrow, we are going to see about picking out a lot, a builder and a plan. (deep breath).  I said that I would never build.  There I go with that *never* word.  I really should know better by now.  Just praying that everything goes smoothly.  In this economy, banks are skittish about loaning money.  Especially with our house unsold.  It wouldn't be much fun to wait until ours sells to be able to break ground!  But whatever will be, will be. I'm not all that concerned.  Thanks to the lovely Dave Ramsey, our credit score looks amazing.  So the bank should love us!!

It seems inevitable that we will be temporarily homeless.  Maybe an extended stay at a place with a pool this summer wouldn't be all bad.  I rather like being a lounge lizard.  Right now I'm oh so pasty white and vitamin D deficient!  Come on Spring!!

So, we are also well on our way to being hoarders. Ha ha! We have a storage unit now.  Once again, I said that I would *never* have one. Silly me!  We made three trips over there this morning.  Whew!

Then we took advantage of this gorgeous day and did some yard work.  Then I worked on the barstools.  Mom gave them to me about 26 years ago.  They are all wood and still in good shape.  I restained them and they are looking fab.  I'll try to take a pic tomorrow.

I think I am about done for the day.  Didn't get much sleep last night.  My neighbor required medical attention right about the time I was going to turn in.  Scared me! He is eighty and has already had heart issues.  They kept him overnight.  Thankfully he was released this morning and seems to be ok.  He was complaining up a storm...I take that as a good sign :)

No comments: