Friday, March 22, 2013

Warp Speed Ahead

Everything is moving forward...at warp speed!

The inspection went well.  Nothing major.  Just about ten piddley things...most we were already aware of.  The most minor was to replace the bottom elbow part of the downspout that got beat up by the weedeater.  We are getting an estimate. But we may say, instead of fixing these things, would ya like a John Deere riding lawn mower?  That would be my preference.  But we shall see what the estimate is.

The builder is going to start dirt/site prep work next week on the new place.  He got the lot for a good price and is willing to make our minor modifications for an incredibly reasonable amount.  It goes to show, that it can't hurt to at least ask.  You might be surprised at the answer.

Speaking of surprised by the answer...he thinks he will be done around the end of May!  Weather permitting that is.  It has been surprisingly rainy...so I'm figuring maybe by mid-June? Wow! Not even long enough to rent an apartment (requires 3 month lease).  So, it looks like we may be on a month long "vacation".

So, I need someone to administer oxygen...deep breaths! My nerves have had the better of me all week.  I just feel completely overwhelmed.  But I need to just sit down and breathe.  Then make a list and say: this is do-able....but just not all at this minute...so breathe!

When I started blogging again in January...I was thinking that I would have anything to talk about.  Silly me!

1 comment:

SSP said...

so exciting Laurie!! so where will you "be" til the new house is ready? Did my friend Natasha ever get in touch with you??