Thursday, May 22, 2008

Kickin'& Screamin'

The Clampetts’ are coming a kickin’ & a screamin’ into the 21st century (yee-haw!). Cletus decided that the only way he would get me to come home after work, and not be a Net Surfin’ Bloggin' (Library) Lizard every night, would be to invest in a laptop. So, yes, we finally bought a laptop and got DSL for the homestead. Lucky you, I get to blog on a more regular basis! 
The outing to Best Buy pointed out just how much technology has passed me by. I did actually take a computer class in high school. I realize that some of you think that was before the invention of electricity  however, we had to dial up a number on a black rotary phone and place the handset into a cradle modem to connect to the main computer. All I learned in the class was how to write a basic program to put X’s in the right place to make a lovely picture of Pres. George Washington. Hmm, not sure how that was supposed to help me later in life! The technology has changed just a little bit since then.
I know I sound like a senior citizen when I complain about the technology rocketing past me. But really my grandmother was born in 1888! One hundred and twenty years ago!! Look at all that has changed!

No comments: