Thursday, May 22, 2008

Maybe More Like a Whinin’ and a Moanin’

Of course, getting DSL hook-up could not be simple for us. Poor Cletus was on the phone with two “ultra helpful” service representatives for over an hour last night. Long story short, the technician is going to have to come to the house…any time between Monday and Friday, between 8a and 5p. Well, not quite that bad, but you know that they show up whenever they darn well feel like it. My guess is that they sent a defective modem. My fuss is why does the call end with: “Is there anything else we can help you with?” Um, well, NO! Since you could not even help with what I called about! Why would I ask for further assistance that you obviously can not provide??
Actually it was not the modem. It had to do with their routing of our DSL line. Happily, my tech man mysteriously disappeared, worked his magic, and I AM BACK IN BUSINESS!

No comments: